Parks

Lamberton Central ParkCentral Park

Central Park was dedicated as a park when the L & S First Addition was annexed to the city before the turn of the century. It has been used as a park since that time. Over the years the local Lions Club has provided many improvements to the park.

Central Park SheltersCity Park is centrally located for local citizens to use. The park is one square block in size and is located between 3rd and 4th Avenues and Douglas and Elm Streets adjacent to the Central Business District. Original usage consisted of picnics and concerts being held in a band shell located in the park. Although the band shell is gone picnics and reunions are still held in the picnic shelters at the park, and more active recreational activities are taking place with the addition of the combination tennis and basketball court, sand volleyball and modern playground equipment. The shelters may be reserved by contacting the city at 507-752-7601.

Loading
Center map
Traffic
Bicycling
Transit
Google MapsGet Directions

 

Kuhar Park campingKuhar Park

In 1929 local businessman Martin Kuhar deeded an area of land along the Cottonwood River to the City of Lamberton. Mr. Kuhar meant for this park to be a place for gathering, fun and relaxation. He did not want this donated land to be used for any commercial purposes. Even though the park area is located outside the city limits the city agreed to accept the park land and maintain the park in perpetuity.

Kuhar Park Cottonwood RiverKuhar ParkKuhar Park is ideally located for local citizens and travelers alike. The park is located alongside Redwood County Highway #6, one half mile north of U.S. Highway #14 at 13488 County Hightway 6.  The parks 23.89 acres lie within the floodplain of the Cottonwood River, therefore the topography is basically flat. The park is a frequent stopping point as a rest area and overnight camping area for tourist and travelers. Many family reunions and picnics are held at Kuhar each summer. Redwood County has provided a bicycle path from U.S. Highway #14 to the park. The dam across the Cottonwood River was originally built around 1930 to provide a swimming area on the river. The swimming area was closed when the city built a swimming pool in the 1960’s. There are two picnic shelters in the park. Portable toilets are provided during the summer months. There is a softball field and playground equipment in the front part of the park. There are four camping sites situated along the main park road. The camping sites include concrete pads, water and electrical connections. The city does not reserve any of the camping sites. The shelters may be reserved by contacting the city at 507-752-7601. The western one-third of the park is basically passive without any improvements. There is some fishing being done in the Cottonwood River.

Kuhar Park Advisory Board Minutes

March 2, 2015

April 6, 2015

April 20, 2015

May 4, 2015

June 1, 2015

June 29, 2015

July 6, 2015

April 25, 2016

 

Loading
Center map
Traffic
Bicycling
Transit
Google MapsGet Directions